St Mary's School
St Mary's School
School Fees …
Annual fees and charges including increases are to be set by the School Board in accordance with CECWA advice provided during the budget process each year. The details of all additional charges and information relating to the School Fees Policy follow below.
Discounts will be given for siblings also attending St Mary’s School and are as suggested by CECWA:
Kindergarten fees shall be charged as a proportion of the first child’s fees. The usual family discounts will also be offered for all students with special needs at St Mary’s School.
The fees collection at St Mary’s School will follow the following procedure:
- Communication of School Fees Policy at enrolment time
- The fees for the year will be issued at the beginning of Term One each year
- Accounts may be paid as one payment or four payments (one each term) or a fortnightly or monthly direct debit payment
- Parents experiencing hardship are contacted and a negotiated method of payment is worked out, taking into account concessions and remissions when and where required
- There is always to be recognition of the Church’s preferential option for the poor and disadvantaged
- Accounts are reissued when the initial account is not paid. If fees are still not paid then a follow up phone call is made checking on hardships or the reason for non-payment. At this stage parents are requested to meet with the Principal to discuss the payment of the school fees
Where parents have made no effort to pay fees the following procedure is to be followed:
- When necessary, at the end of each term the School Board Fees Committee (Principal, Treasurer and Parish Priest) meet and decide on what further action (if any) is required
- Documentation is kept (in Principal’s office) of each attempt to resolve the problem of outstanding fees
- Parents are notified that the services of a debt collection agency or solicitor will be engaged to recover fees
School fees are compulsory and form a necessary part of what makes our school function as it does. Accounts are posted each term and reminders are issued in the school newsletter. Any difficulties in meeting school fees must be discussed with the Principal as soon as possible.
|$185.40 per term|
|$333.72 per term|
|$444.96 per term|
Four or more Children
|$185.40 per term|
A compulsory Insurance levy of $14.50 per child is payable in Term One. This Insurance is 24 hour a day, 52 weeks of the year cover. * Please refer to handout at beginning of each year.
Compulsory fee for Library, Art, sports equipment, Book Hire, bus or class cooking expenses. Amenities Fee for 2015 will be $40 per child.
School Building Levy
A compulsory and non-tax deductible annual Building Levy of $148.00 per family is payable. This fee assists the school in debt-servicing of a loan, or a contribution towards a building project.
P & F Levy
A compulsory fee of $15.00 per family is payable combined with a $25.00 per family Cathedral Building Levy. These are included with the school fees.
A yearly Excursion Levy of $30.00 per child is payable and is included with the school fees.
All money sent to school should be placed in a sealed envelope with the child’s name, amount and purpose of payment noted, e.g. Fees, excursion, swimming, etc. This should be given to the class teacher at the beginning of the day.
2016 Fee Structure
|2016 Fee Structure||1 child||2 children||3 children||4 children or more|
|Tuition Per term||$185.40||$333.72||$444.96||Free|
|Health Care Card Scheme Per Term||$57.50||$115.00||$172.50||$172.50|
|Health Care Card Scheme Yearly||$230.00||$460.00||$690.00||$690.00|
|Other Fees and Charges||Amenities Levy||$40.00||$80.00||$120.00||$160.00|
|P&F Levy $15
Cathedral Levy $25
|Total cost other fees & charges||$272.50||$357.00||$441.50||$526.00|
|All Included costs||Yearly total costs of all fees & charges||$1014.10||$1691.88||$2221.34||$2305.84|
|Health Care Card Scheme||$502.50||$817.00||$1131.50||$1216.00|
All children in same family from Kindy – Year 6 are entitled to family discount.
Swimming Fees of $50.00 are payable upfront first term for all students Pre Primary – Year 6.